Dogs in Foster Care
You can see a list of available foster dogs below. If interested in adopting one of the HSOW foster dogs, please fill out the adoption application.
For dogs available through the Humane Society of Wilkes: The adoption fee is $150.00. This fee pays for all the vet work that has been done through the time of adoption, including the following:
- Physical examination
- A check for worms, routine deworming for hookworms and roundworms
- Canine distemper, parvovirus, and bordetella vaccines
- Rabies vaccine at 4 months
- Spay or neuter at 4-6 months
- Heartworm test and preventative
- Flea preventative
- Microchip, including free lifetime registration
Not included in the adoption fee are booster vaccinations (if needed) and post-adoption heartworm and flea prevention.