Cats in Foster Care
If interested in adopting one of the HSOW foster cats, please fill out the adoption application.
For cats available through the Humane Society of Wilkes: The adoption fee is $80.00. The fee pays for all the vet work that has been done through the time of adoption, including the following:
- Physical examination
- A check for worms, routine deworming for hookworms and roundworms
- Feline distemper and upper respiratory vaccines
- Rabies vaccine at 4 months
- Spay or neuter at 4-6 months
- Feline Leukemia test and FIV test
- Flea preventative
- Microchip, including free lifetime registration
Not included in the adoption fee are booster vaccinations (if needed) and post-adoption flea prevention.